Please take note of the upcoming meetings and facility tours concerning the 2017 Bond for White Oak ISD.
White Oak Primary School’s Kindergarten Round-Up will be held Tuesday, June 6th. To qualify for Kindergarten, the child must be 5 on or before September 1, 2017. If your child’s last name begins with A-M, please come between 8:30-11:30 a.m. If your child’s last name begins with N-Z, come between 12:30-3:30 p.m. Round-Up will be held on the primary campus. You must have the following to register your child for Kindergarten:
-certified birth certificate
-social security card
-current shot record
-parent’s driver license
Spring Break is just around the corner! Please note that it is March 13th-17th.
Also, Spring is almost here! With that, please make sure that you are following our school dress code so that there are no interruptions in our school day. The dress code can be found in the student handbook posted on our blog and in the front of your student’s planner. However, here is a list of the most frequently addressed items:
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses will not be shorter than the fingertips in a normal standing position.
- Torn or ripped clothing is prohibited.
- NO tank tops, muscle shirts, shirts with sleeves cut out will be allowed.
- NO tops/dresses that have a racer-back.
- NO strapless or spaghetti strap tops/dresses.
GROOMING AND HYGIENE
- Hair will be neat, clean, and well-groomed.
- Boys’ hair will not extend below the eyebrows, below the earlobes, or below the top of a tee shirt.
- Unnatural hair color is prohibited.
- Spiked hair, mohawks, fauxhawks, ponytail, braids, or rattails for males are prohibited.
- Earrings for males are prohibited.
- Geometric or unusual patterns shaved or cut into the hair are prohibited.
Our chocolate fundraiser has been cancelled. We have been notified by the company they will no longer be able to serve the Texas area with their products. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
White Oak Primary and Intermediate Schools are now accepting GT nominations for 1st-5th grade students for the 2017-2018 school year. Forms are available in the Primary and Intermediate offices. Please return the forms to the school by Friday, March 10, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Secord at 903-291-2182.
It’s that time of year again – our annual World’s Finest Chocolate fundraiser! Order forms will be sent home tomorrow. Please look for those in your child’s folder. All items are $7 or less. There is no tax on these orders. The money and order form needs to be turned in by Monday, March 6th. The items will arrive before Easter.