Due to the Weather Release of school on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, the PLC Teacher Training Day scheduled for Wednesday, January 24th, has been canceled. This day will now be a regular, full day of school. We know that these unavoidable circumstances have resulted in inconveniences for teachers, students, and parents. We hope to get this week back to a normal schedule and provide optimal learning opportunities for all of our students.
Here is some important information for you to take note of:
- There will NOT be a CHAMPS assembly tomorrow morning due to school being out the last two days.
- Tomorrow is “Wishing Sweet Dreams to Olivia” – Students may wear dress code appropriate pajamas and tennis shoes to school. Please don’t forget to bring your coins and/or any donations you would like to make for Olivia!
- We will still have our scheduled early-release day next Wednesday, January 24th, for teacher training. Primary students will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m. Buses will run their usual routes at this time. ***We are asking that parents not eat lunch at school with their child due to a different and shortened lunch schedule.***
Starting the week of January 16th, our campus will be participating in a coin drive for Olivia Hale. Each day students may bring any spare change or donations to their classroom. The money will be collected and stored in the office. Friday, the funds will be counted and we will announce the amount collected. Students are also encouraged to follow a daily theme as they collect donations!
The daily themes for this week are:
Tuesday, January 16th – “Sock-it to Moebius Syndrome” – wear crazy socks
Wednesday, January 17th – “Thinking About Olivia” – wear hats
Thursday, January 18th – “Hugs to Olivia” – bring a stuffed animal to hug all day
Friday, January 19th – “Wishing Sweet Dreams to Olivia” – Students may wear dress code appropriate pajamas and tennis shoes to school.
Wednesday, January 24th – Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day – “Purple All Over” – WEAR PURPLE!
This campaign or the daily themed activities are not mandatory. If you are not able to donate, please keep this family in your prayers.
White Oak Primary students will be dismissed at 11:45 on both Tuesday and Wednesday. Because lunchtimes for our students will be adjusted to accommodate the early dismissal times, we are asking that there be NO VISITORS AT LUNCHTIMES. This will assist our cafeteria in getting all of the students fed and out of the cafeteria in time to finish up the daily schedule.
Thank you, parents, for your cooperation!!
- There will be no through traffic in front of the high school and parking in that area will be for teachers only. (in yellow)
- Areas available for student parking are outlined in orange. Those that park across the street from the auditorium will have a crossing guard to ensure safe passage to campuses.
- All High School student drop-off and pick-up will be in front of the Food Service building and traffic is designated as one way from south to north (in green). **(Traffic coming from the north on White Oak Road are encouraged to drop-off in the parking lot across the street and use the protected cross walk)